Each student has a unique learning profile. The qualified learning specialists that form our assessment team will use standardized tests and measures to evaluate your student’s cognitive functioning, academic achievement level, and literacy skills.
- A comprehensive evaluation of your child’s cognitive abilities, academic abilities, and literacy skills
- The assessment takes 6-8 hours
- Conducted in 2-3 sessions
- A feedback meeting and student demystification included as part of the evaluation
- Advocacy for school meetings (IEP, 504, S-Team) is available
- Can be combined with an ADHD and/or Speech and Language evaluation
- Deposit required when scheduling
The data collected in the assessment, background data provided by the parents and teachers, previous testing when available, as well as data collected in student interviews, will be analyzed by our assessment team. The DSM (The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) standards will be evaluated to determine if the student’s profile meets the specifications for a learning disability.
Whether or not a specific learning disability is identified, we will meet with you and present a comprehensive report of your student’s strengths as a learner and the challenges that he or she may face. We will work together with you to develop a plan to ensure that your child experiences success in school.
Once you have contacted us and are ready to set up your student’s assessment, please go here to download the necessary forms and enroll. A deposit is required to schedule the assessment.